After being acquired by its present owners in 2003, Heatherwold Stud underwent a complete facelift. We have two spacious American barns, encompassing a state of the art foaling unit, a purpose built office complex, and sales preparation facilities, including a 5 bay horse walker and a covered lunge ring.
With these all on site, and our dedicated and highly experienced staff, we offer first-class care to mares and their foals, and meticulous preparation for yearlings. We also ensure that our owners get a personal service.
- Our two American barns house 66 boxes, some of which are larger to cater for mares and foals.
- Four 14 x 26 foaling boxes, each equipped with CCTV. We also have a night watchman who sits up every night throughout the foaling season.
- Two large indoor pens for turning out recuperating horses who are, perhaps, still on limited exercise. They are also ideal over the winter for stabling the weanlings/yearlings together in more natural groups.
We have a state of the art veterinary room, with a leading vet who visits the stud first thing every morning throughout the stud season.
Weigh scales are located here on site which enable us to monitor growth and development closely.
Heatherwold Stud has 130 acres of well maintained pasture land, all surrounded by post and rail fencing. All paddocks have either field shelters or established hedges for protection. We also have eight nursery paddocks which can also be used for recuperating horses.
SALES PREPARATION FACILITIES
- A 5 horse Claydon horse walker with rubber floors.
- A covered lunge pen.
- Off road tracks for walking in hand.
We have our own lorry for transporting our boarding horses and offer very competitive rates.